How Do I Review My Practice Questions Results?
But where do you go from there? This guide will help! 🙌
(Make sure you have a piece of paper, so you can take notes about your results)
To review a quiz, you can:
- Once logged into your account, click on the "Practice Questions" tab at the top of your Menu bar
- Select the "Past Quizzes" tab
- Choose the quiz that you're wanting to review and click "Review
If you got the question wrong...❌
Before you look at the rationale, review the correct answer
- Do you see what you did wrong?
- Did you misread or misinterpret the question?
- Did you miss a keyword?
- Did you just not understand the topic?
- Did you fall into a test-taking trap?
Next, review the rationale
- Make sure you understand why the right answer is right and why the wrong answers are wrong
- Make note of the error you made or the misunderstanding you had
- Make note of the Nursing Category
- Make note of the topic and what body system is involved
- Repeat with each question
Review your overall results after taking at least 200 NPQ
- Do you see any patterns?
- Did you overthink on a lot of the questions?
- Did you fall into the same test-taking trap repeatedly?
- Are you missing key words in the questions?
We recommend aiming for a score between 55-60% in each Category, so which Categories are you struggling with?
- Is there a body system you’re consistently missing?
- Do you seem to struggle with SATA or Prioritization questions?
- Is your struggle specifically with Management of Care questions?
If you got the question right...✔
Read the rationale to solidify your knowledge
- Make sure you got it right for the right reasons and not because you guessed
- Once you understand what happened, MOVE ON. Don’t spend too much time on the questions you answered correctly.
Focus on identified areas of weakness (categories scored less than 55-60%)
- Review pertaining material related to the questions you missed
- Take 25-50 NPQ in each of your 3-4 lowest Nursing Categories to improve your results in those categories